Detectives need the right equipment for the job. In my eyes, apart from the magnifying glass, the torch is king. If I did not have a great torch, I wouldn’t have been able to creep into The Floating Wreck Lighthouse in the pitch black when I needed to hide Hamnet (the boy in the stone) from the evil shapeshifter Ravensmite. In fact, even if you have a torch, when your birthday comes up, ask for another. I would have been in a right mess if I hadn’t had my spare torch with me when I was hiding Hamnet in the lighthouse. He shouted and I dropped the torch down the lighthouse steps. If I hadn’t had a spare in my pocket, I would have had to find my way in the pitch black up 300 spiral steps.
Top detecting tips for torches.
When your brother or sister, or in my case a Stinking Shadow, creeps into your bedroom to borrow your stuff when you are asleep, pretend to be asleep. Have your torch ready and then shine it on them when they are rummaging through your favourite stuff. You will catch them red handed. They will think twice before they mess with a budding detective again.
- Help Desperately Needed! (loonyliterature.com)
- My Favourite Detecting Equipment (1). The Magnifying Glass. No Adults Allowed. (willblyton.com)
- Inspiration and Us – Childhood Books – Shakespeare’s Stories. (loonyliterature.com)
- Using Tiki Torches (answers.com)
- New London Lighthouse // Simon Christian Reid Photography (lighthousepei.wordpress.com)